As we say goodbye to June, I reflected on the past month and remembered reading that from an astrological perspective, June 2023 was one of the luckiest months of the year. Wholly Smokes and Cheese! Stop the presses! My June was far from being lucky! It was wrought with peaks and deep, deep valleys with no meadows in sight. I spent much of June gingerly tending to raw emotions and resting to heal my physical body.
June emotionally stretched me, and I sat at either end of the emotional gamut on any given day. One day, feeling on the low end of the emotional gauge, I found myself driving around aimlessly, searching for something unknown; I ended up at my old dojo where I used to train in Kajukenbo. I was there only for a few minutes and walked back to my car, confused. I knew it as a place where I consciously discovered my own power and self-empowerment, but I left wondering why I wanted to feel empowered.
The awareness of why I drove to my old dojo came to me as I meditated the following day. It wasn't self-empowerment I sought; It was resiliency. Many years before, as I was going through another dark night of the soul, my marriage was dissolving, and my life turned upside down; it was at the dojo that I found people who believed in me. I embodied empowerment while going through the black belt program. However, receiving my black belt gave me a stronger sense of standing in my power and helped me fully understand what it meant to be resilient.
Being resilient means being able to bounce back from difficult situations or setbacks. It involves having a strong sense of perseverance, adaptability, and emotional strength.
Resilience is not about avoiding challenges but facing them head-on and overcoming them through perseverance and a positive attitude. It is said that resilient people can handle stress in a healthy way and are often better readied to manage their emotions and maintain a sense of wellness in their lives. Overall, resilience is an important characteristic that can help you navigate life's ups and downs gracefully and with ease.
Becoming more resilient might seem like a daunting task, but it's essential to remember that it's a gradual process that requires patience and compassion. You aren't alone on this journey, though. Here are some steps that can help you become more resilient:
1. Don't hesitate to rely on supportive people: Having people who encourage, uplift, and support you during tough times can make all the difference. Allow yourself to reach out to those around you for help when you need it.
2. Prioritize your physical, emotional, and mental health: Remember to take care of yourself by exercising, eating healthily, getting enough sleep, and practicing mindfulness. Giving yourself the time and space you need to heal and recharge is paramount.
3. There are no mistakes, only life lessons, and they do not define you. Learn from your mistakes: We all make mistakes, and it's okay to admit that. Instead of dwelling on them, try to uncover the golden nuggets of wisdom and use that knowledge to improve. Keep in mind that mistakes are growth opportunities.
4. Cultivate a positive mindset: Focus on the good things in your life, even when things get tough. This can help maintain hope and positivity during challenging times.
5. Take inspired action: You have the power and choice to identify ways to approach situations and overcome challenges. Even small steps can make a big difference.
Remember, developing resilience is a journey; taking it one step at a time is okay. You can become more resilient and better prepared to face challenges with patience, love, and support. So, keep moving forward, and trust that you have all you need within you to overcome anything because YOU are resilient!
Be well, Be Radiant, and Be Resilient!
Sending you much love and support for your journey. 💝